Precision Targeted Marketing provides B2B lead generation, sales support and targeted marketing advice for small and medium sized businesses. We will expand your customer base and increase your ROI.
The majority of Sales Reps hate cold calling, whether it be face to face or by telephone. Embarrassing, fear of rejection! They do not want to spend the time when in fact they should be spending the time.
Prospecting for new customers can be daunting and time consuming if you are not looking in the right places. LinkedIn and Data.com are key resources for researching companies and contacts. You have to know where to look to increase your sales pipeline. Developing and maintaining relationships with prospects is the key to turning prospects into clients.
You have got to be organized, consistent and persistent without becoming a pest when it comes to calling prospects and you definitely must have a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) in place in order to succeed and organize, automate and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service and technical support and that is why I have used ACT CRM software for over 15 years.
Why Follow-up Skills Are So Important
Follow-up is a key component in the Sales Process. When and why to follow-up:
1. After submitting a Quotation it is essential that you follow-up with your prospect or client to confirm receipt of the Quotation and to clarify any questions they may have.
2. Trade Show Follow-up is good practice, thanking the prospect or client for stopping by your booth, puts your name in front of the prospect or client again.
3. After meeting with a prospect or client send an email thanking them for their time and re-iterating what was discussed to make sure you are both on the same page.
4. Always call/email once an order has been placed, thanking them for their order and letting them know that you look forward to working with them.
5. Mail or email a Christmas card to let your customers know that you appreciate their business.
6. Do call back when you say you will call back.
7. Stay in constant touch with your prospects and clients, call/email at least every 2-3 months.
"The key to organized, consistent follow-up is prioritizing."
8. Each time you leave a Voice Mail follow-up with an Email.
9. Send Emails to keep prospects and clients informed and up to date with new products you introduce.
10. Promptly inform prospects and clients of your new address.
11. Respond immediately to a customer’s query or complaint.
12. Do track your follow-up in a CRM such as “Swiftpage ACT PRO or Salesforce”.
Why I Highly Recommend ACT CRM Software
ACT is very user friendly and really easy to set-up. I have worked with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Salesforce.com and ACT blows the competition out of the water!
Very affordable and reliable.
Stay organized with ACT scheduler for calls, to-do’s, meetings.
Perform a lookup for all contacts, individual records, province, phone numbers and key-word search. Get Social Updates for LinkedIn and Facebook, just click on "Remember Page" once you find your contact.
Generate reports for notes/history (calls/notes for specified days), phone list, individual contact reports, company reports, opportunity reports, etc.
Execute mail merges smoothly with the ACT processor or Word. Seamless integration with Outlook and Google.